Friday, October 8, 2010

BAC or Bank of America: Foreclosure Freeze is Nationwide 50 states

Statement from Bank of America Home Loans






Bank of America has extended our review of foreclosure documents to all fifty states. We will stop foreclosure sales until our assessment has been satisfactorily completed. Our ongoing assessment shows the basis for our past foreclosure decisions is accurate. We continue to serve the interests of our customers, investors and communities. Providing solutions for distressed homeowners remains our primary focus.” 



FURTHER INFORMATION  for customers: 

1 800 809 0231 BOA customer

1-800 669 6607  Country Wide customer

**************************************************************

MY EXPERIENCE:    I called the press line to ask question for my blog.  Left a message and await a call to answer my questions. 


I called the hotline above - as a Country Wide customer.  The recording states that  they are BOA, a company that services  your home  loan.  Since I have been foreclosed and evicted last spring, I was surprised to learn that I show as active customer.  They are debt collector. And are recording my call for  quality assurance. Big surprise there, right? 

I was cut off... so 2nd try.  Similar to above only there is no way around giving up your information. You must have account number or social and zip code. This time I pressed the button reflecting that  I wasn't interested in home retention division; but,   I was sent there and advised that they are debt collector.   

After a few moments with representative I was transferred to the REO department. From there, I was placed on hold.   If you want to become an REO real estate person press 2.  Not me, I pressed 3 for escalation of REO.  We will see.  Another wait.... OOPS voice recording... your call was unable to be completed, please hang up and call the toll free number again.  I guess none of the choices applied to me. I think choice one was for finding REO properties, again I wouldn't' buy a foreclosed home unless deeply desperate.

No thanks,  this is part of what my problem of dealing with Banks has been.  transfer, wait, transfer wait and a huge cell phone bill later!   Good Luck with your calls. If you are not evicted yet, then you will have a much better experience than me. :) 





No comments:

NEWS HEADLINES

Followers